Instead of always using the mouse in Microsoft Publisher 2010 to move objects around a publication, you can click on an object and then press the arrow keys to move objects slightly up, down, left, or right. You may find this convenient when fine-tuning a document layout.
By default, nudging moves objects by a very small distance (1 pixel). Depending on your needs and layout you may wish the arrow keys to nudge objects a larger distance. To make this change:
1. Select the “File” tab in the Ribbon.
2. The Microsoft Office Backstage View appears. Click the “Options” button.
3. The “Publisher Options” dialog box appears. Click “Advanced” in the left pane.
4. Underneath “Editing Options”, check the “Use custom nudge setting” box.
5. Underneath, next to “Nudge objects by”, enter the distance by which you want objects nudged. Note that the nudge measurement units will change depending on your chosen measurement unit (found under the “Display” section).
6. Click “OK” on the bottom-right of the dialog box to close it.
Filed under: Uncategorized